Welcome to my mind. It will be a strange journey. I jump from topic to topic. I have a mind full of useless and not so useless stuff to share with you and I can't promise any sense of order. You'll just have to jump around too.

Thursday 29 March 2012

Don't worry I'm still alive

Well my lovelies, 2months, 8 weeks since I last blogged. Life is a blur. The buisness is thriving and the site that I work on has the most amazing buzz. The Fairground Craft and Design Centre, Weyhill has a wonderful vibrant textiles thing going on. My studio is always full of people enjoying craft and textiles at their level.  I have a great group of home ed kids in on Thursday afternoons to get crafting. We have the most amazing fun, the age range is 4 to 11 and everyone gets something worthwhile from the sessions.
The last couple of weeks I've been slogging away getting an exhibition ready for a good friend. His name is Ross and he works for the Dogs Trust at Newton Tony. As well as his love of dogs he has a love of wildlife and is the most amazing photographer. So I have taken some of his work and framed it or displayed it in a more creative way and filled our gallery on site. It is the most exhausting thing I have done in a long time but even if I do say so myself, it is bloody brilliant.
We are missing a couple of pieces however as  we have a couple of guest artists. One of them is our own dear Hailey Budding who was doing a couple of pieces to go in our exhibition. Well here is the story.
The opening day of the exhibition was Wed 28th March and as it happened a group of mayors from the surounding area were paying us a visit. The gallery was almost ready apart from Hailey's work which she was just finishing off. So 8.30 in the morning I was working in my studio when I heard Hailey call my name. I asked if she was alright and she said no. When I went out to see why,I found my lovely friend had machined through her finger. So instead of getting ready for our special visitors we rushed to our local minor injury unit for an xray to check the damage. They found that it had not gone through the bone so the nurse quickly pulled it out with her surgical grade pliers. And we made it back to the site before they had all finished their breakfast.
Well that's quite enough blog for one day. Promise not to leave it so long next time. xxx

1 comment: