Welcome to my mind. It will be a strange journey. I jump from topic to topic. I have a mind full of useless and not so useless stuff to share with you and I can't promise any sense of order. You'll just have to jump around too.

Monday 16 January 2012

I'm Stuck in the Toilet

I have had the most fantastic, most crazy weekend but first I have to tell you about my toilet adventures.On Monday mornings I go to a wonderful place called James' Places. It is a beautiful manor house in a little village called Penton and they have opened their home so that the disabled comunity can enjoy crafts and activities without feeling instituionalised { I am aware my spelling is pants but as I can't see when I have spelled something wrong you are just going to have to put up with it. I also write very long fragmented sentences which drives the spell check mad, but anyway where was I} So I was enjoying my morning of creative textiles with the members when nature called and I had to visit the little girls room. These are on the other side of the house out of earshot of anyone. I shut the door which put up a bit of resistance, but hey, it shut I did what I needed to do then tried to open the door. It did not matter how far down I pulled the handle the catch would not go far across to get out.
Now I'm not a panicer I see the funny side of most things so I just laughed. The only trouble is I have several degenerated discs in my lower back and it doesn't take much to put my back out. So I laughed so much I really hurt my back which although it hurt like hell it made me laugh more. It took 20 minutes before anyone started to worry but thank you Michael anyway for rescuing me, which incidentaly took no time at all as the door opens perfectly from the outside.
Well my lovely weekend. I work with a lot of young people on the weekends so to keep things simple and because of child protection I will only ever use an initial letter instead of a name. Saturday mornings a teenager called A comes in for a sewing session and she has the best imagination and design brain. She always sketches her own patterns and then we cut them together and A gets on and makes her creations. So that was a great start. Then 2 boys who have been coming to the studio for a few weeks now had booked in to do spray painting. We had the best time out in the barn in our attractive masks and goggles painting and masking and painting some more. We also found an old table that was going to be thrown out so we got permission and sprayed that too. J & J had such a good time they begged there mum to come back Sunday.
As soon as J & J had finished a lovely girl J came with a friend S to have some fun for her birthday. We got out the oven bake clay, put up the birthday bunting and modeled away til mum came to collect them. As we hadn't had time to make the photo frames we wanted to I invited the girls back the next day to finish off. So Sunday J,J,J &L all came back to craft some more. We all painted our hands to leave our mark on our fab table we started os Saturday.
So now I'm all worn out. The pain killers are starting to take affect and one of my guard cats is telling me it is time to go to bed. They are excellent at rounding up the family for bed time. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment