Welcome to my mind. It will be a strange journey. I jump from topic to topic. I have a mind full of useless and not so useless stuff to share with you and I can't promise any sense of order. You'll just have to jump around too.

Tuesday 24 January 2012

A Trip Into My Mind

I have let you slowly into little parts of my mind so far but I'm going to let you into a place my friends and family go. I suffer from depression, it is part of a cycle because of the degenerated discs in my back causing me pain for quite a large part of my life. So the cycle goes, the pain gets me down and triggers the depression, the depression brings me down to a level that stresses me out which makes the pain worse. There are other factors but that would take about a day and a half of reading and a phsyc couch.
Sunday was a very mixed day. I went to chuch (sorry forgot to tell you about my friend God.Will catch you up on that one in another blog.) I'm a good Anglican girl so I sat at the back in my fave spot. All I wanted to do was cry, I can't tell you why. And that is the thing with depression. It's frustrating to try and exlpain it to people who haven't experienced it. It would be great if you could just "pull yourself together" as some people think you should be able to, but it doesn't work like that. So there I sat with tears starting to roll down my cheeks. Anyhoo to get a grip of the situation I went and did the kids activity which perked me up a bit.
The afternoon was a complete swing in the opposite direction. I took delivery of 34 rolls of furnishing fabrics which my dear friend Lianne found for me on Ebay. I was sooooooooo excited that a young girl asked if I had had too much sugar.Then my beautiful nieces came for an afternoon crafting. We did clay work and painted shells and made all sorts of tresure. Liss and Rose went shopping on site on their own and we set stinky the stag beetle in resin (he was a dead stag beetle.) On a crafting high I went in to Lianne to say goodbye for the day and she told me I had missed 3 bow ties from an order that had to go out the next day. This is not a major drama, it is not a huge ,mistake. Things like this happen and we put them right and move on. But because of my wobbly day it was like a punch in the gut and I went back in my studio and cried.
I know my triggers and I have ways I now deal with thing which it has taken a long time to perect. So despite my day of massive mood swings I have chosen to take the best part of Sunday and firmly fix it in my memory. Stinky the stag beetle will help me with this by sitting on my printer.
Quick rundown of todays events before you get blog fatigue.
Church outing with Beth the verger and chritine her 2IC and our very great friend (and my spare mum when mine is not available) to Ikea. Had a budget to get crocery for our lovely lunch events.
Took my new car...Had coffee...Filled 3 trolleys...Had lunch...Filled the car to the brim...Christine gallantly took the back seat and we drove back to church taking each corner with great care so Chritine didn't have to wear any of the vast stack of mugs as new earrings. All shopped out, all blogged out and my lovely brother created a link from my facebook page to my buisness so I  had to do some techy stuff. Now I have techno meltdown. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment